4 or more
Sit the students down in the middle of the room. Go over the directions with them. They will have to work together on this project with no talking allowed as it is a team building activity.
1. Once ready, without talking, the children’s goal is to form a line in order of their birthdays.
2. The front of the line should be January and the back of the line December.
3. Without verbal communication, they will have to work together to form a straight line from the first birthday of the year to the last birthday of the year.
4. Children have to communicate with their hands and facial expressions.
5. When the line is complete, have each child state their birthday to see if they were right.
6. Good communication skills are needed for this game to be successful. Students have to be creative on how they communicate with their classmates. They need to really pay attention to every aspect of non-verbal dialogue for the class to have success.
MAKE IT EASIER
Break the class into 2 smaller groups for a higher degree of success.
MAKE IT HARDER
Download 30 Print and Go PE Lesson Plans for Kindergarten to 8th Grade!
Each lesson plan comes on a printable 1-page template. Including learning objectives, equipment lists, safety considerations, academic standards, modifications and review questions.
No stress. No prep. Just print and head right to class!
FREE LIMITED TIME BONUS: 101 "Copy & Paste" PE Report Card Comments for Teachers
5 FREE PHYS ED POSTERS FOR YOUR CLASSROOM OR GYM!
© Copyright American Coaching Academy. All Rights Reserved